Planning International Travel

Guidelines for Faculty and Staff Planning International Travel with Students

Before you travel with students please review and abide by the following guidelines:

  • All University trips must be registered with the International Education and Exchange Office
    • If you are traveling to countries on the U.S. State Department travel advisory, or countries with which the United States does not have formal diplomatic relations, please complete the Travel Form and include the appropriate signature of department head/ Dean or Designee prior to departure. This information must be retained as it includes the policy number, relevant telephone information and services at a glance.
    • All faculty and students must register with International SOS for all countries, and print a copy of the UM Travel Assistance Card and Chartis/ Travel Guard personal services information and card. Itinerary changes prior to or during travel must also be entered.
  • Direct students to the travel Medicine information on the Student Health Service website.
  • If you are providing any written materials or advice about travel medicine, contact the Student Health service at  prior to sharing this information.
  • Additional information is available for the Office of Travel Management.